Joan Gantz is a professional visual artist who paints in all mediums.She has studied under various artists at The LBI Foundation of the Arts and Sciences, The Yard School and the New Jersey Center for Visual Arts. She is also a critical care nurse, educated at Seton Hall University and Rutgers University.
Exhibits and Awards
- Studio Montclair: State of the Art 2017
- Best Transparent Watercolor Award 2017, Philadelphia Sketch Club: Works on Paper
- Honorable Mention, Garden State Watercolor Society: Annual Associate and Signature Members Exhibition, , Middlesex, NJ 2016
- Studio Montclair: Back Story 2016
- 76th Annual Audubon Artists Incorporated Exhibit, NY, NY 2015
- Studio Montclair: Honoring the Fauves 2015
- Arts Guild International Juried Exhibition, Rahway, NJ 2015
- Cotswald Industry Award, Garden State Watercolor Soc.: 46th Annual Juried Show 2015
- Aedra Artist House, Jersey City, NJ 2015
- Merit Award Long Beach Island Foundation: Member and Student Exhibit 2015, 2010, 2009
My painting has developed through many phases of media. Presently I am working in oils, and acrylics and enjoy their texture and diversity on a variety of support surfaces. My subject matter has evolved from strongly representational to purely abstract. I give deliberate intent toward movement and emotion through my palette, brushstrokes, and texture. I work to engage the viewer for a shared creative experience. I rely on forms and subjects from my life which move me to create.